- Set up a File Maker or Address list/book of the people you meet out in the entertainment world.
- Get yourself a business card holder so you can organize the cards you receive.
- Build a set of “hot points” so you can remember where you met them ie: John Doe- 111 Mina Dance Club 8/15/2009 Musician ext ext.
- Never let more then a month go by before you call the person back.
- Always initiate the first call if they have not already called you, in other words don’t wait for them. (unless guide line 7 applies)
- Stay in touch at least every 3 months via phone call or e-mail but don’t wait longer then 3 months. If it’s an important contact, say someone whom you want to work with soon or in the near future, you want to be in touch at least once every month and a half (1 ½ months).
- Don’t get their information if you’re never going to use it. If they insist on giving you their info then except the info and wait for them to call. Unless of course you find a need for them then call or contact them as soon as you come to this conclusion.
- Always get back to people within the same business day or 24 hours at the latest if they have contacted you via phone or e-mail.
- Get out of the house and socialize at industry events.
- Repeat as necessary.
boy can’t spell, but he looks like he has a good system here.